Re: [SLUG] Firefox problem with Java

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 21:46:44 EDT

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 21:24:15 -0400, Robin Roblimo Miller
<robin@roblimo.com> wrote:
> Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> >I am using Firefox as my browser, I just downloaded the v1.0 release
> >and installed
> >it, when I try to view something that needs java such as the satellite views
> >it does not run the java piece and says that it needs a plugin. When I go and
> >try to install the thing it says it can not find it. Strange thing is
> >that Konqueror
> >runs and calls the java just fine. Any ideas as to what is going on?
> >

> It's a bug in Firefox --
> http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=04/09/22/1324218
>
> If you joined the 50,000+ people who read NewsForge daily, you'd know a
> lot of these things. :)

If I had the time to do so I would, but I have to make money to pay bills and
pay bills and pay bills and.... Awww futz... pay bills, what can I say??

I do look at it every once in a while (when I am not paying a bill) but have not
been there in a while. Tnx for the link, will go and look and see what they say.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;