Re: [SLUG] modem setup help.

From: Tevfik Yücek (tevfik.yucek@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 2004 - 11:45:40 EDT

Hi,

Here are my answers regarding your comments:

1- Phone number
I had the number 9 to call numbers outside the campus because I was at
school when I send my e-mail. I use the same umber when I connect
using Windows. At home I just use the number without "9" and I got the
same results.

2- Dial command
When the dial command is commented out, it uses the default which is
ATDT for which I got no dialtone error. When I use ATX3DT I got no
carrier error.

3- Baud rate
That is the number that I got via wvdialconf command which searches
for the modems and put the values into wvdial.conf.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tevfik

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 10:44:15 -0400, Ken Elliott
<kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> >>The leading 9 in the phone number may be there to get an outside line.
>
> That suggests he is going through a KSU. He might need a pause after the 9
> like:
> 9,8640765 or 9,,8640765
>
> Or the KSU might have issues with modems. I'd check the line using an
> regular phone and be sure that sequence of numbers worked. I didn't pay
> close attention to the first message, so my advice might be off target.
>
> Ken Elliott

"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it.
Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."
- Homer Simpson