[SLUG] lilo to slaved disk

From: Larry Brown (larry.brown@dimensionnetworks.com)
Date: Mon Sep 27 2004 - 20:05:25 EDT

I am looking to find a cut and dry way to mount a seperate drive and run
lilo on it to make it bootable. The situation is that I have a rack
mount system that boots to hdc. hda is a cdrom and is fixed that way by
the bios/motherboard and hdc is a sata drive and hdd is the second sata
drive. I can install rh linux to hdc without a problem while selecting
hdc as my boot drive. I mount a second drive as hdd but cannot get lilo
to run on the drive. It complains that hdd is not the first drive and
then says that it can't do anything with 0x0701. I have seen this
before on another system where everything was IDE and I could simply
move the drive I wanted to run lilo on to be hda and it happily ran. I
know there is a way to do this, I just don't know how. I've looked at
the lilo howto and it appears to be outdated. I followed the examples
without success.

Any lilo experts here that have this down pat?

TIA

Larry