Re: [SLUG] fedora network install

From: perthie (perthie@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Oct 02 2004 - 10:44:20 EDT

i usually leave out tons of stuff in my own installations (most of the time i leave out xwindows completely, opting instead for a very small installation footprint). ordinarily, id use debian, but this box will be running proprietary bandwidth management software that /specifically/ requires redhat.

thanks for the info.

Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com> wrote:
Daniel MacLaren wrote:
> I just did a FTP install of Fedora Core 3 Test 2. You need their 4MB
> boot.iso. You can download a copy here:
>
> ftp://ftp.net.usf.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/images/
>
> You specify the directory to install from - so you should be able to
> install any release using that boot image. See this for more info:
>
> http://vishalshah.org/node/view/81
>
> Their standard desktop install was about 2.4G. You can save lots of
> time if you are more selective about the packages (leave out
> Openoffice for example).

I'd rather keep OpenOffice and leave out emacs and Gnome, personally.
To each their own, I suppose.