Re: [SLUG] KDE 3.3 under FC3 is really fast!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 14:07:15 EDT

On Thursday 07 October 2004 01:05 pm, Eben King wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Tom E. Craddock, Jr. wrote:
> > Ive been using KDE 3.3 on FC2 for about 2 weeks now, and while its not
> > as fast as your FC3 setup, its still pretty quick. Overall I like the
> > cleaner sleeker look of 3.3 compared to previous versions. Are you
> > running FC3 on a desktop or laptop? I also like to just setup a YAM/YUM
> > server on my network and use it as a HTTP/FTP install server; I already
> > have one setup for FC2 (and a few apt repositories for updates) and it
> > makes installs so much faster (no changing CDs, only have to burn a 4MB
> > iso, etc.).
>
> 4MB? Seems kinda silly to put something small enough to fit on three
> floppies on a DVD. Or DYM 4GB?

Who would ever use Gigabytes of data? You must be kidding!

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.