Re: [SLUG] Phone push button menu software

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 10 2004 - 20:25:41 EDT

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:30:40 -0400, Ken Elliott
<kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> I assume you do not have a voice processing board, like a Dialogic. There
> is software that can use a single-line voice modem.
>
> http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/
>
> Not just any modem will work. Here's more about modems, and links to eval
> software.
> http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/modems.html
>
> I have not used this stuff in a while, so my information is badly dated.
> The basics are:
> 1. voice-processing board(s), such as Dialogic or (in some cases) voice
> modems.
> 2. Software
> 3. Dedicated PC. Yes, dedicated.
>
> My experience has been poor with this technology. The PC is usually the
> weak link. Compared to the reliability of telephone systems, computers are
> a PITA. If your business really depends on this, you might want to consider
> a device built for this purpose, rather then try to adapt a PC.
>
> Again, I haven't fooled with this stuff for several years, so it might have
> gotten better. I found them to be really good for irritating clients.
>
> Ken Elliott

Ken,

Exactly what I was looking for. Dedicated pc no problem figuring for
what it would be doing that we would need soemthing just for that.
I would just buy a telephony board, instead of trying to use a voice
modem. While yes they can set one back a pretty penny they are worth
having the extra realibly that they would provided.

Software not at a bad price. Everything is looking good now to
present it to the clients on tuesdays