Re: [SLUG] RAID 1 to RAID5 with raidreconf

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Wed Oct 13 2004 - 15:06:54 EDT

Currently, there are three disks being used in a RAID1 configuration. That
is, two for mirroring and one for a hot spare. I have purchased a fourth
disk for the purpose of running a RAID5 with a hotspare. Alas, I've run into
some issues with raidreconf not liking, I guess, the fact that I only have
one array for both boot and root (/dev/md0).

I like your idea, Steve. I do have a full backup, but I've never tested its
disaster recovery capabilities, so I'm a bit nervous. However, I would have
a full backup on the live disk, so that makes it more appealing.

/mario