Re: [SLUG] RESOLVED: Adding Ultra ATA PCI card (ide2) to grub.conf

From: James Marcinek (jmarc1@jemconsult.biz)
Date: Mon Oct 18 2004 - 09:59:41 EDT

It turned out that it was a driver issue. Although the card indicated support
for linux it did not provide the driver's on the CD the card came with.

It's actually a SCSI device and I've turned it into an VG. I created a couple of
LV's and have successfully moved my /opt and /var over to this device.

>From what I've read about the pvcreate commands, I should be able to change
these partitions into physical volumes without interfering with remaining
partitions but I want to make sure first. If this is the case I'll reclaim the
original partitions and add them to the volume group...

Thanks all

james