Re: [SLUG] Which IM

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Thu Oct 21 2004 - 23:36:01 EDT

Chuck Hast wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 21:31:12 -0400, chris lee
> <christopher.a.lee@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>gaim
>>

>>On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 18:26:33 -0700, Chuck Hast <wchast@gmail.com> wrote:

>>>Gaim Others
>>> 3 0
>>>

> OK, which one do I pull down for SuSE? I see for RH, Mandrake and
> then there is a tarball, do I need to pull down and compile?

You should be able to install it using YaST2 in SuSE. Might as well use
the native package management system -- the graphical front end for it
(YaST2) is decent in SuSE, though it doesn't compare to apt for Debian.

By the way, you can add my vote for gaim to your tally as well.

SuSE, as I recall, defaults to KDE. You probably already have at least
kaim, and maybe also gaim, installed. Check in the menus on your
taskbar (or whatever they call it in KDE) before you start installing
anything. It may be that gaim is already there.