Re: [SLUG] gnome

From: Tevfik Yücek (tevfik.yucek@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 13:23:58 EDT

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 02:47:27 +0000, Ronald KA4INM Youvan
<ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> After using enlightenment for years, when I installed Slackware Ver. 10
> I thought I would try gnome for a while to see if I like it. So far OK.

I love gnome infact. However, there was rumors that next version of
Slackware will not include gnome. Pretty bad.

> Can anyone tell me how to add newly compiled programs to the gnome menus?
> It's a snap in enlightenment, but I can't find it in gnome.

If it is a gnome application, it will appear when you restart gnome.
If not, click on the foot (the gnome thing for menu), click on the
group you want (say Internet for example), the point you mouse to the
applications there and right click. Then go to "Entire menu" and "add
new item to this menu". I hope it is clear.

I am using 2.6 and I am assuming you use the same version since you
use Slackware 10 as well.

--
"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it.
Now, quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."