Re: [SLUG] Back up emails in Mozilla (MEPIS)

From: John (nesredep@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 28 2004 - 13:51:52 EDT

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:36:06 -0400, Pete Theisen <petet@acun.com> wrote:
> Hi Everybody!
>
> I now have Simply MEPIS 2004.03 on CD downloaded for me by my ISP guy.
> It boots and runs fine from the CD. I want to back up my Mozilla emails
> before I upgrade onto the hard drive and I can't seem to do that.

Take a look in your user directory for .mozilla/<profilename>/<xxxxx.slt>

In other words, there is a directory which is named with a cryptic
bunch of letters ending with an extension of .slt. If you copy that
entire directory, you will have all your mail and most of the settings
for Moz.

The place to find this directory is /home/<username>/.mozilla/<moz profile name>

At least, that's the usual setup.

John