Re: [SLUG] Mounting

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 20:46:51 EDT

Something is definitely screwed up with the Common_Data partition.

I finally got Mandrake to start installation. I say finally because steps that
normally take minutes took over an hour each, Finally I got to the section in
custom installation where you set partitions and then format the partitions
of your choice before installation. After 30 minutes or so the install
program finally kicked installation to a subroutine where you had the choice
of several types of formating for Common_Data compete HD reformatting,
throwing Common_Data out or something else. I chose to power down remove the
installation disk and then start up again. Which it did in exactly the format
it did before I started playing with new installation so things are still as
the were before I started installation.

All this is telling me is that there is something serve wrong with partitions.
What I have no idea or how to fix either.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Frank