Re: [SLUG] GUI development tool

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 30 2004 - 23:46:43 EDT

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 19:41:10 -0400, steve szmidt <steve@szmidt.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 30 October 2004 07:04 pm, Logan Tygart wrote:
> > On Sat, 2004-10-30 at 12:13, Christopher Hotchkiss top posted:
> > > Oops I knew I forgot a toolkit.
> >
> > <snip>
> > And you top post!
>
> Yes, this was a "nice" feature MS brought to the party. You can now choose to
> top post automatically! Before that it was pretty much agreed to be a bad
> thing. Only a minority would think of top posting.
>
> Then MANY newbies came online and things went top over tincan. Maybe the
> message is that if you got a good thing don't bring MS and newbies to it. : )
> I know a few places that try their best to follow that idea.
>
> I know I try to keep MS out of it if I can... : )

I have to use Notlook at the office, and of course it is on the windoz system on
this machine (which dualboots into SuSE 9.1) I installed something called
QuoteFix on it and now it allows me to bottom quote like real people do B-]

MS really screwed that one up as all else I guess. As soon as they bring the
Exchange server up to W2K I am going to try the shim with Evoluition and see
how that works, if it does I will be MS free except for my mapping stuff.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;