Re: [SLUG] Problem mounting USB Floppy

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Oct 31 2004 - 15:51:28 EST

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Chuck Hast wrote:

> Went to the computer show yesterday and got a USB floppy for this machine.
> I know it works as I have brought up the windows side and it finds it just fine.
>
> When I am running SuSE 9.1 I can not appear to find it. I do hear the
> FD searching
> and it appears to be setting there running as i can see the motor
> going on and off
> and can hear the head or whatever making clicking noises inside the machine.

Is that a known-good floppy disk? Does it have some filesystem that maybe
Linux does not understand? Do you have another Linux machine (with a
different floppy drive) in which you can format a floppy disk?

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken