[SLUG] Re: script/modem problem

From: Eben King (eben1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 18:36:14 EST

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Eben King wrote:

> > OK SLUGgers, maybe you (collectively) can see what I've missed. I wrote a
> > script that reads caller-ID info from the modem and dumps it to syslog.
>
> > But that's not important right now. I'm getting some sort of weird
> > failure every time I try to write to the modem.
>
> Just had to unload serial.o . Yay modularization. Now I'm well on the
> way to having fewer junk calls (at least from those places that identify
> themselves).

OK, I've finished tinkering with it (for now) and it seems to work
(through my limited testing), so anybody who wants to can grab it from

http://24.94.123.65:81/monitor-cid.tar.gz
and
http://24.94.123.65:81/logmonitor.tar.gz

No warranties expressed or implied, if your machine breaks you get to keep
both parts, blah blah blah. But I would like to hear if anybody has
solvable problems with it ("it doesn't work" is generally not solvable
without additional input).

PS: both archives look like this:

export/
export/bin/
export/bin/monitor-cid

so if you don't want the files where I had them, use some tool (e.g. mc)
to put them where you want them.

CAPRICORN:  The stars say you're an exciting and wonderful person...
but you know they're lying.  If I were you, I'd lock my doors and
windows and never never never never leave my house again.  -- Weird Al