Re: [SLUG] Evolution for SuSE 9.1 ??

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 08 2004 - 06:58:23 EST

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 00:38:52 -0500, Mike Branda
<realraccoon@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 22:25, Chuck Hast wrote:
>

> > I just tried to pull Evolution, Novell informed me that I could not run
> > Ximian on SuSE 9.1 Anyone know a work around or am I going to
> > have to load up something else. If so too bad, because this Novell
> > install has been pretty much quiet!! Beside the fact that all of the
> > bells and whistles are now working on this laptop (never been able
> > to get sound to work on a laptop before) and the only thing that was
> > irritant was the video thing, all I had to do was go in and give it the
> > x and y measurements and it is happy!
> >
> > There is a version on the CD's that come with SuSE 9.1 but if you
> > look at a readme it says that it will not work on 9.1 Sure nice that
> > they shipped it like that.
>
> O.K..... I know this is a message from august, but I'm just now getting
> a chance to read 2200 SLUG List e-mails that have piled up. I've gone
> through 1200 this weekend since friday.....whew. anyway, SuSE 9.1 and
> evolution work great for me. In fact, I'm on 9.1 and writing this
> message in Evolution 1.4.6. I selected the package during install and
> haven't looked back!!
>
> 1000 more e-mails to go..... ;^)

I am using it for some other mail access. As soon as they move the Exchange
server to Exchange 2000 at work, I will get the shim and use it to read the
e-mail at work, (I did try the POP and it worked it just does not let me use the
calender/planning and other junk that we have to use through exchange).

If the systems admin at work goes through with her threat to move the whole
mess to sendmail, then I have nothing to worry about.

--
Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;