Re: [SLUG] Infinium Labs on the road to bankruptcy

From: xcalibre (xcalibre@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 18:21:47 EST

I can't believe that a company can be so wastefull.
Perhaps they should have just made a gamming keyboard that was
demoed with the unit.

Next the part of if they decide the game you have loaded was not being used
they would delete it from your system. I have a problem with that you pay to
have the game.
Next if an event like them going out of business happens then you loose
anything that
should be stored on their server you paid for.

Also they should have made sure also if the event they go out the unit can
still be used
as an normal PC!

So there is many problems they have not addressed. Also there was never any
official support from what I saw from any of the Gamming Software Companys.
This is a bold statement from them "This fall, the dream of being able to
purchase any game"
any game? Funny DOOM 3 would not run that great on this machine nor will the
upcomming
new Quake title. Halo, Need for Speed Underground 2 would also be fair on
this machine at best.

Also the unit is not upgradeable. Running an Microsoft Version of XP wich XP
is a memory resource hog.
512 megs ram especially would be recommended with the newer titles
especially the PC version titles.

Also the processor. I would think that they would try to get AMD to help
back them on this. Just so many
things they seemed to overlook. Also the 2500+ never mentions Barton Core or
the normal core?

I also prefer ApeXtreme Gamming unit concept. It has an Cdrom which means
you can pull out your pc games you allready have
and run them! How ever again these are not upgardeable but it seems to be a
better idea. Now if they combined maybe they would
have something but again I feel neither have asked the consumers input.

Bill Preece