[SLUG] OT: Antique PC's looking for a home

From: Nathan Anderson (nathan_anderson@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 23:12:37 EST

  I hope I don't offend anyone by posting this, but I have a couple old
desktop PC's that I'd like to find a home for if anyone here is interested.

  One is a 286 and has a 42MB HD, 5.25" and 3.5" floppy drives, the
other looks like an 8086 and has a HD ?MB's, two 5.25" floppies and a
monitor. Both machines look to be complete inside, but I don't know if
they work or not as I have not plugged them in since taking possession
of them a few weeks ago.

  I got them and a bunch of other old computer equipment for some
computer work I did and I really would like to tinker with them but just
do not have the space for them right now. Rather than just throwing them
out though I thought I'd offer them (for free of course!) to my fellow
geeks and see if anyone on the list is also interested in playing around
with old hardware.

  If you're interested please mail me off the list and I can attempt to
answer any more specific questions about them you might have. I am
willing to deliver them to whichever slug meeting the interested
party/parties attend. I usually attend the St. Pete meetings so they
could be picked up there too if the interested party/parties would
prefer that.

Nate