Re: [SLUG] Sarasota Meeting: If you attend, read this.

From: Pete Theisen (petet@acun.com)
Date: Thu Nov 18 2004 - 00:01:42 EST

mark@bish.net wrote:

> Let you know tomorrow.

Hi Everybody!

Thanks to Mark for working almost the whole meeting trying to get MEPIS
to print, and finally succeeding. Robin hasn't said a word beyond that
it was all my fault for (being Republican) whatever <g>. Point and click
Linux indeed . . . Hope the book sales are good!

Warren (MEPIS guy) never responded to the emails since the release
version was out, a decidedly bad sign. The message evidently is that
MEPIS is great *if* it works, if it doesn't you are on your own, at
least unless your local LUG can help.

Problem was that the printer was using CUPS and the distro was using the
other one LP something or other.

Thanks to Eric and Mark for the war walk into the back room to get the
802.11g air card working.

Still haven't any sound, grumble, grumble . . . Next meeting, I guess.

Regards,

Pete