Re: [SLUG] Print server

From: Caleb (calebsr2k@acm.org)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 11:09:49 EST

vzd1s11k wrote:

>They have dedicated hardware print servers.
>

>Some routers have print server built in too.
>
>http://www.buy.com/retail/searchresults.asp?search_store=1&qu=*&qutype=&orderby=&querytype=comp&loc=101&cvsnid=0&qxt=home&deptid=11273&showcats=3&mfgid=1281
>
>Joe Brandt

>This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

Hello everyone,
    Just wanted to chime in for a minute. I found this link that may
help Mario.

http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/

Basically if you have an old 486 just laying around. If you are curious
about using linux as a print server. This does not seem like a bad idea.

It doess require some reading. Hopefully this will be a project that
some of us can work on. What do you think?

Thank you for your time.

Caleb