Re: [SLUG] Kodak Digital Camera

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 21:25:17 EST

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 20:47:36 -0500 (EST), Eben King
<eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Chuck Hast wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:27:41 -0500 (EST), Eben King
> > <eben1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Can you mount the camera wherever (find its ID with "mount", umount it,
> > > mount it at any old place) and copy pictures off manually?
> >
> > Here is the response from 'mount'
> > kp4djt@rf-tool:~> mount
> > /dev/hda1 on /windows/C type ntfs (ro,noexec,nosuid,nodev,gid=100,umask=0002,nls=utf8)
>
> Windows HD (NT/W2K/XP)

That is the windows NTFS for that "other OS" which I must have on here in order
to keep peace with my employer, but I am working on going windowless B-)

> > /dev/hdc on /media/cdrecorder type subfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,fs=cdfss,procuid,iocharset=utf8)
>
> CD
>
> Don't see the camera listed. If it's supposed to be mounted, it isn't.
> Check /var/log/messages for errors. It might be /dev/sda or /dev/sda1;
> try them with "-o ro" so nothing gets changed.

I shall do so. I just thought that it was interesting that the camera directory
"popped up" when I plugged it in, and inside it was a subdirectory named
DX6490 which is the camera model I have...

> --
> -eben ebQenW1@EtaRmpTabYayU.rIr.OcoPm home.tampabay.rr.com/hactar
>
> Q: What kind of modem did Jimi Hendrix use?
> A: A purple Hayes.

Chuck Hast
To paraphrase my flight instructor;
and twisted metal."