Re: [SLUG] More FUD from Microsoft

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Sun Nov 21 2004 - 22:57:59 EST

jeff wrote:

> I would just love to hear him explain why there are so many security breaches
> in their software if that is true. :) There were six SP's for NT4, 3 (or is
> it 4) for Win2K, at least 2 for XP. Considering that a large proportion of
> the patches in those SP's were for critical security issues, I don't see how
> their software could be considered secure. To quote Bugs Bunny, "What a
> maroon"!

In my world, there are no patches or operating systems from Windows
beyond Win2k SP2. Everything after that is "compromised" by the MS EULA.

Of course, I also have to deal with clients' worlds, and as such I still
have to deal with the occasional XP and Server 2003 system (or twelve,
or so). Ack.

--
Chad