Re: [SLUG] Re: More FUD from Microsoft -- unlicensed IP, IBM/Microsoft "bullies," NDS (DAP/RSA) != AD (LDAP/Kerb)

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 12:26:49 EST

Hello Bryan, couple comments on your excellent post:

On Monday 22 November 2004 12:08 pm, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Sigh, regulation never works.

Yes it does. It's called enforcement. Enforcement doesn't happen.

> I think Nader (who I normally don't agree with) "hit it on the head"
> when he said the US Government could better get Microsoft to change as
> its _largest_customer_ rather than a "regulator."

That's funny. I often agree with Nader, but I disagree with this statement.
One doesn't reward a bully by paying them. They'll listen more attentively
to government when they are a small, hungry company again.

--
Eric J