Re: [SLUG] SSLUG Meeting Tomorrow 11/23 6:30PM

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 14:49:49 EST

Robin "Roblimo" Miller wrote:
> xcalibre wrote:
>
>> Don't Forget that Robin will be at our Brandon meeting on the 2nd of
>> December at Barnes and Noble Book Store.
>> He will be talking about his new book,
>> _Point and Click Linux! Your Guide to hassle-free computing_.
>

> I suspect a free copy or two might be raffled off. And anyone who wants
> to copy the CD and videos will be welcome to do so.... I can't bring DVD
> copies because I don't own a DVD burner, and the videos are glubawful
> huge for posting online.
>
> Autographs for purchased copies of Point and Click Linux! will be
> available at the usual price of $10,000, with a 100% discount to LUG
> members and their guests.
>
> Prentice Hall PR people are talking to most local media, trying to get
> this event into their various calendars. It seems like a good LUG
> recruiting opportunity to me, and I'll certainly push that aspect. :)
>
> Thanks for all,
>
> - Robin

I'm involved in NaNoWriMo activities (again) this year. There are
weekly meetings through the month of November in two locations and on
two separate days: one is in Clearwater on Fridays, the other in Tampa
on Sundays. I've been attending both weekly meetings.

At the next meeting in each location, I intend to demonstrate MEPIS and
pass out LiveCD Linux distros to anyone that is interested. I'm
bringing along both standard MEPIS and SimplyMEPIS, Knoppix, and
FreeSBIE, for demonstration and (if anyone's interested) passing out. I
suspect I'll get some converts.

While I'm doing so, I think I'll also "advertise" SLUG meetings, and
maybe drag some of the NaNoWriMo people to this month's St. Pete meeting
if there's any interest (since I don't feel the desire to drive there
otherwise this month). Having seen this topic regarding the Brandon
exposition of Robin's book, I think I'll mention that event as well. If
I get interest for that, I'll almost certainly show up to THAT event as
well.

Whee. Fresh meat.

--
Chad