[SLUG] From MINIX List - NO SoftwarePatents.com

From: Mark Banschbach (mrbear37@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 07:09:03 EST

Greetings ALL !

  This note was posted on the Minix List last night
and I thought I would share this. Since it has a
GPL-type theme.

For those unfamiliar Minix is a tiny OS that is a *nix
variant for the desktop. The license was pre-GPL but
is 100 % Free. Here is the clip :

The debate about software patents in Europe may be
resolved in a very
few
days.

I've posted a announcement on my main web page:

     Urgent, especially for citizens of Europe!
      Learn about and oppose software patents!
                   Please visit
        http://www.NoSoftwarePatents.com

I expect many people involved with Minix will agree
with me that
software
patents are bad. I urge everyone to look at the site
referenced above
and
to post a similar link on your own page.