Re: [SLUG] the golden rule of discussion can go to hell Bryan J smith

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 22:56:08 EST

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:43:18 -0500, paddy <paddy@ij.net> wrote:
> Robert Snyder wrote:
>

> > Paul,
> >
> > i know i told you I would be polite and I would watch my lanuage when
> > posting. But after trying to address this Mr. Smith about his
> > contsant changing of the topic field scrwing up email threads features
> > in Gmail, hotmail, yahoo,. and it apparently has bothered other
> > people. I know there are mail clients that useading and forI sure
> > this constant changing of the subject line is acceptable for for
> > others it hard to follow as his mail is over over the place in my mail
> > box.
> >
> > So I would to see a simple vote of who has a threading email client
> > and hence is not bothered by mr Smith email subject changing and who
> > is not using one is and bothered bythe orginazational clutter he has
> > cause for non threaded clients.
> >

> > If there more people with thread clients who like his way do doing
> > things well fine I will go to hell. but if it is the other way maybe
> > he will see that he is more of a inconvience te when he does that than
> > a help.
> >
> > I did try contacting mr smith off the list politely asking him to
> > either please stop it and be curdious to other members of this list or
> > to simply cut back on the number of times he does it.
> >
> > He responded like an asshole being rude so this is why this is being
> > put up here you might think this should be ins slug pol but it has to
> > do with this list and not slug politics.
> > This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
> > Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
> > posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
> > official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
> >

> Hey Rob;
>
> When you can come up with the breath and depth of knowledge that Bryan
> Smith exhibits, then perhaps I may be willing to listen to your
> complaint. It seems obvious that you cannot compete so you are taking
> the route all small men do, complain about the structure of the message,
> not the content.
>
> Do you work for some government agency?
>
> I for one enjoy Bryan's correspondence very much. If it bothers you why
> not just hit the delete button and leave the rest of us alone.
>
> Paddy

Paddy,

I for one am not questioning the content of the email. I have said
nothing about Bryans actually messages as he is very knowledgeable.

Personally did not want to bring it up in this list. But after the
insenstive kinda rude saying of "paraphased" . he told me that many
had contacted about him but he was not going to stop because them so
he not going to consider it when i had asked him to be considerate of
others.