Re: [SLUG] Re: ECS K7S5A

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 13:40:01 EST

One thing you'll note about me is that I personally don't stop until I know the root cause of exactly why something has an issue.

In the case of the K7S5A, they are typically AMI BIOS. And they were typically deployed with DOS (Windows 98/ME) so they could have issues with IRQ sharing.

Real OSes that do not rely on the 16-bit BIOS oncr the OS boots typically do not.

--
Bryan J. Smith (currently mobile)
b.j.smith@ieee.org

-----Original Message----- From: Bill Shaw Date: 04-11-29 12:00 To: slug@nks.net Subj: Re: [SLUG] Re: ECS K7S5A

You may very well be correct on all those points however all of these suggestions were taken from the ambmb.com forums and were reoccurring fixes for the problem Paddy described.