[SLUG] Reminder Brandon Meeting this Thursday

From: xcalibre (xcalibre@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 20:03:55 EST

Special Meeting in Brandon on Dec the 2nd.

Folks:

As you may know, Barnes & Noble does not normally allow any meetings in
December. However we have a special event, thanks to Robin Miller and
the management of Brandon Barnes & Noble.

Robin "ROBLIMO" Miller has a new book out called Point and Click Linux.
Robin will be at our Brandon meeting on the 2nd of December.

He will be talking about his new book,
_Point and Click Linux! Your Guide to hassle-free computing_.

Publisher: Prentice Hall PTR
ISBN: 0131488724
Published: Nov 16, 2004
Copyright 2005
Dimensions: 7x9-1/4; Pages: 288;
Edition: 1st.

This is sure to be a must-have book for your collection. Please come out
and support SLUG and Robin's new book. We will have a raffle and some
cool stuff going on for this meeting. Please get there early, as they
will be busy. Meeting time is from 8-10pm, Brandon Barnes & Noble. Also,
I am sure we can get Robin to sign some of the books as well.

Here is a few links about Robin's book:

http://www.phptr.com/title/0131488724
http://www.pointandclicklinux.com

Leo Laporte From G4TechTV (Brighthouse Networks Channel 124 in
Hillsborough County) has given this book an excellent review.

On behalf of SLUG, myself and Diana, we want to wish you all Happy
Holidays and hope you will pass the word. I want this to be one of the
largest Brandon meetings ever.

Thanks

Bill Preece
SLUG Meeting Coordinator, Brandon