[SLUG] Dec 15 Sarasota SLUG Mtg.

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 20:12:58 EST

I wanted to get a hand count of all the Sarasota meeting attendees for
December 15, 6PM regular meeting. As you know, we will not be able to meet
at the Honeywell location this month, so we are moving the venue for just one
meeting.

The Sarasota Coffee and Tea Company (at 5th and Central in the Rosemary
District near downtown Sarasota http://www.sarasotacoffee.com/contactus.htm )
is letting us meet at their coffee house from 6:00PM to 7:30PM (and I'm
trying to get them to extend it until 8:00PM).

This is a really cool location and they have free passwordless 802.11b/g
wireless, comfy chairs, and iced super-powered-yuppie-coffee! The coffee
house will be closed to the non-linux-using general loser public after 6PM,
and we'll have the downstairs area all to ourselves (a screenwriter's
guild/club/group also meets at this time there, and they take over the upper
balcony area). In return, Sarasota Coffee and Tea asks that you purchase
some coffee or something while you're there.

Also, they don't have beer and this is not to be confused with the SSLUG
meeting that occurs the following Tuesday (no idea where it will be), nor
could it replace that important meeting of misshapen and troubled minds that
actually pondered "Robo-sexuals" last week. You know who you are.

So, can I get a hand count (please reply off-list) of who will be attending
the regular SLUG meeting at the coffee house? I will post the total # of
positive respondees in a couple days.

Thank you kindly -Eric J