Re: [SLUG] Skype, /dev/dsp, & OSS

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 22:51:26 EST

Hmm, I looked at it again and voodoo (kidding). It looks like this:
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 14, 3 Feb 23 2004 /dev/dsp
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 3 Sep 1 16:18 /dev/dsp0 -> dsp
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 14, 19 Feb 23 2004 /dev/dsp1
crw-rw---- 1 root audio 55, 0 Feb 23 2004 /dev/dsp56k

The user I am using is in the audio group. I don't think permissions are the
issue. It's trying to hit /dev/dsp What else can I try? After trying to
dial, Skype hangs w/o letting me quit the dial. I have to kill the process.
BTW, I hear no pseudo-dialtone if there's supposed to be one at all.

/mario