[SLUG] Re: OT: picked up a screw around rig today

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sat Dec 04 2004 - 20:20:21 EST

On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 19:49, Chad Perrin wrote:
> There are better things to be offended/snippy/whatever at than the fact
> that some of us just aren't interested in trying Fedora out for
> ourselves any time soon.

Then do _not_ comment on it. That's the problem, people talk about what
they do _not_ have first-hand experience with.

And what does that result in?

People like myself are then in the "minority." Which means that
"majority assumption" seems to trump those of us in the "minority with
experience."

Which explains about 90% of what is said about Fedora today, because
that 90% is from people who have never used it, or never used it long
enough to understand anything they are saying.

-- Bryan

P.S. I could comment more (like why SuSE isn't as "commented on" as
much as Red Hat), but I won't.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                    b.j.smith@ieee.org
Subtotal Cost of Ownership (SCO) for Windows being less than Linux