Re: [SLUG] Re: OT: picked up a screw around rig today

From: Chad Perrin (perrin@apotheon.com)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 08:45:36 EST

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> But I _do_ sometimes have some "distain" and it shows. If you look at
> every case, it's based when I'm consider of the "minority viewpoint,"
> when in reality, that viewpoint is from experience. The "2nd hand" and
> "3rd hand" commentary leads to a whole new set of "fact" that are easily
> broken with "1st hand" experience.

That's a perfect demonstration of the kind of passive-aggressive crap
that drives me batty, Bryan. You've chosen to go on a needless crusade
again, when everything I've said was clearly marked as "not first-hand",
simply because I haven't slavishly memorized everything you've said
about the subject and taken it all as Holy Writ. Guess what: To those
of us on this list, your first-hand experience IS second-hand hearsay.
That makes it EXACTLY as useful to us as second-hand hearsay gained from
other sources.

--
Chad