[SLUG] Re: [ltp] Mandrake 10.1

From: SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 10:47:49 EST

Hi All

I have just updated the Thinkpad to Mandrake 10.1.

I added this to a posting I made to the thinkpad list simply as a record in
the archives of how.

The only major issue so far is the installation procedure is screwey.

As a minor secondary issue I could not add spaces between icons so I could not
space icons as I wanted in KMail. I have not tried other windows yet.

Thanks for the help.

Frank
_________________________

Hi All

Given the information so kindly supplied by Jacob I started exploring and
succeeded.
In order to make an "Additional Drivers Floppy' from a 10.1 Mandrake DVD I did
the following.

1. Used new 1.44 MB floppy that will format to 1.72 MB
Old 1.44 MB floppies will not format to a higher level and thus miss fire with
10.1 saying incorrectly formatted disk.

2. Formatted floppy with stand formatting to ext2 format.
Format must be ext2 and quick format produces bad results.

3. Copied file:/mnt/cdrom/install/images/network_drivers.img to floppy
by terminal with command line set to /mnt/cdrom/install/images/
by:
dd if=network_drivers.img of=dev/fd0

4. Floppy did not mount or be readable after copying. Why = unknown.

5. Started installation normally with both floppy and DVD in drive.
Clicked of on Mandrake's screw up and installation started.

Frank