[SLUG] Re: OT: picked up a screw around rig today

From: Bryan J. Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sun Dec 05 2004 - 22:37:41 EST

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 22:24, jeff wrote:
> I think that at some time everyone is guilty of that at least once. ;) I have
> preferred distros depending upon the situation, just like everyone else. I
> like what I like, and if someone else likes a different distro, that is fine
> with me. A few years ago I switched enough people from MS to Mandrake that
> Mandrake should have given me a commision. :)

Positive advocacy of something on its own is healthy.

Advocacy of something by commenting negatively on something else can
cause issues.

Advocacy of something by commenting negatively on something else based
on 2nd/3rd hand knowledge or assumptions made in total ignorance is
self-defeating.

As I said before, everyone's got an opinion on Red Hat.

If something is negative, regardless of whether or not it affects other
distros, you hear all about it as a "Red Hat bug." If there is
something that doesn't affect Red Hat but does other distros, you
virtually _never_ hear of it.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                    b.j.smith@ieee.org
Subtotal Cost of Ownership (SCO) for Windows being less than Linux