Re: [SLUG] No floppy drive

From: Tom E. Craddock, Jr. (sigtom@sigtom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 13:17:39 EST

Eben King wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Tom E. Craddock, Jr. wrote:
>

>>This laptop has no floppy, yet during boot the cmd modprobe-floppy is
>>still happening.

>>Trying to get the boot time down on this laptop. If anyone has any
>>advice/tips/links, Id really appreciate the time. TIA.
>>

>find /etc -type f | xargs grep floppy
>
>Maybe in /etc/modules. IME few modules need to be preloaded; they'll be
>loaded on demand.

Eben,

Thanks, that helped. I did as you said and found this :
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit:load_module floppy

which I had looked at earlier, but wasnt sure if that was where I wanted
to modify it; commented out loud_module floppy and that seems to have
done it. If youd like to see the new bootchart, which shows that on the
new bootchart modprob floppy isnt happening. Thanks for the help.

http://www.sigtom.com/bootchartnofloppy.png

Tom E. Craddock, Jr.
sigtom@sigtom.com