Re: [SLUG] FC3 experiences

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2004 - 17:13:04 EST

> I have never had any kind of issues with FC 1,2 or 3 (I am running three
> now). Red Hat was my first distro and I love. All my hardware is
> recognized and functions correctly. I do not have any laptops so I can
> not offer a comparsion on them. I have found on older equipment that
> Vector works best. My main box is an Athlon 2400 w/ 1 GB SDRAM, 40 GB
> HDD and Nvidia Geforce 2 w/ 64 MB SDRAM video card.

Thanks for the feedback...

I've also been running FC1 and FC2 for months with great results. I posted the
same question on my local LUG and responses indicate that the issues are
specific to my laptop. I'm going to try a reload tonight and then install on
my Athlon 1800XP test box.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com