[SLUG] Editing .css

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 00:25:41 EST

Hello Sluggers,

Need to know how to correctly edit a css. I am running Firefox and all
of the fonts in the menus, are too tiny for me to see. ( I am visually
impaired - macular degeneration) Anyhow after research I found that I
could edit an example css and use it to change font sizes in chrome.

My problem: I am not sure what to do with the /'s and the *'s, and
where to start or stop the editing. There is /*, *, and */ Not
understanding what they mean or the differences, confuses me.
I am familiar with editing other types of files.

Below is a portion of the example.css sheet that I want to edit.
/*
 * Some possible accessibility enhancements:
 */
/*
 * Make all the default font sizes 20 pt:
 *
 * * {
 * font-size: 20pt !important
 * }
 */
/*
 * Make menu items in particular 15 pt instead of the default size:
 *
 * menupopup > * {
 * font-size: 15pt !important
 * }
 */
/*
 * Give the Location (URL) Bar a fixed-width font
 *
 * #urlbar {
 * font-family: monospace !important;
 * }
 */

/*
 * Eliminate the throbber and its annoying movement:
 *
 * #throbber-box {
 * display: none !important;
 * }
 */

/*
 * For more examples see http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html
 */
Thanks Sluggers, be kind to an old guy running his Microsoft free
desktop. Simple for you, not so simple or intuitive for me.

Bob S.