RE: [SLUG] Re: Xandros Desktop OS Version 3 is out ... Debian Installer

From: Meyer, David R (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Fri Dec 10 2004 - 09:47:14 EST

You know, it was the installer that really made my move to Debian the
hardest. For the life of me I could NOT get it to work...I mean heck, I
just followed what looked to be right, but once I asked the SLUG list
for help, and Ian Blenke gave me the heads up that I SHOULD_NOT run
every part of the install (I don't remember which utility he told me not
to run) but once I listened to him I got it up and running right away.
Now I'm sold-out to Debian. For me, it just works.

I still use SuSE, Red Hat, Fedora and CentOS (cAos) at work, but where I
can, I use Debian, including on the desktop I have at work.

It came down to the fact that I was used to the Anaconda installer, and
using something else was initially uncomfortable. Once I got over it, I
was much better off.

In terms of the Xandros installer...what can I say...it's pathetically
simple. I like it.

Dave