Re: [SLUG] evolution question

From: calebsr2k (calebsr2k@acm.org)
Date: Tue Dec 14 2004 - 09:29:23 EST

Felix S. Boecker wrote:

> For thunderbird, open the prefs.js file in your
> .thunderbird/default.xxx folder and add this line:
>
> user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/usr/bin/firefox");
>
> where "/usr/bin/firefox" is of course the path to your web browser.
>
> Apparently, TB should have received a GUI for this in 1.0 but it's not
> there yet. I can't find the original mozilla.org URL for this but I
> know I've posted it before on this list.
>
> calebsr2k wrote:
>
>> Jim Lange wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I'm running SimplyMepis and installed Evolution 1.4.6
>>> When I click on a link in an email, it does nothing. If I right click
>>> on it, it gives me two options: "open link in browser" or "copy link
>>> location" The first option does nothing. I can copy and then open
>>> Mozilla and paste it. But that is no fun. I looked in "preferences"
>>> but didn't see anything. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> thanks Jim

>>> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>>> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>>> posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>>> official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.
>>>

>> If it helps any I am running the same distro and have the same
>> problem with Thunderbird 1.0.
>> Thank Caleb

>> This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked
>> Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages
>> posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the
>> official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.

/* Do not edit this file.
 *
 * If you make changes to this file while the browser is running,
 * the changes will be overwritten when the browser exits.
 *
 * To make a manual change to preferences, you can visit the URL
about:config
 * For more information, see
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs
 */
The above is what I get when I went to edit the file.

BTW it does not work. Thank you
I am using KDE 3.2 if that helps.
TIA