Re: [SLUG] xine

From: Maurice Wilson (maury0324@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 18:09:25 EST

Pete Theisen wrote:
> Maurice Wilson wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Hi Pete The way I keep things backed up is I back up all my mozilla
>> stuff in a folder on a second drive
>

> Hi Maurice!
>
> This is a nearly new Toshiba notebook. Adding a second drive to it would
> fairly well suck in my opinion. It is nearly 8 lbs already. I have been
> wanting to burn to a CDR once in a while. Is there a way to get the
> Mozilla messages into the CDR program?
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete

Sure Easy: Just make a folder in your home directory and name it
whatever. Then backup your near and dear stuff there amd then just burn
that folder to a CD.I set the permissions on that folder wide open
giving all users access. That may not be the best thing to do security
wise but that is an area I am not totally up to speed on and it makes it
easy xfering stuff back and forth. I do a lot of that as I have
removeable hard drives that I slip in and out testing different distros.
hope this helps.