Re: [SLUG] St. Pete meeting notes

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 11:18:12 EST

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 09:39, Mike Branda wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 00:02, Mario Lombardo wrote:
> > was very enjoyable for all techie and non-techie. Aaron Steimle's
> > girlfriend taped most of the presentation. I think she had a tape change
> > in there somewhere.
> >
> > /mario
>
> Mario,
>
> Do you know what media type he was using?? Is it DV or some format that
> he can make a copy?? I wasn't able to attend and would love to see the
> footage. If it can't be turned into an .mpg, I'd like to know what the
> cost might be for making a hard copy via DVD or tape media.
>

> Thanks!
>
> Mike Branda Jr.

It looked like a DV. Knowing Aaron, another gadget geek, it probably is some
sort of easily reproducable media. I already have a request to make a VHS
copy. I know of a good reproduction company. I think they charge $6/tape.
That includes the tape. I believe Aaron will probably make some kind of
media available at the next St. Pete meeting. If you don't get one sooner, I
can obtain one on your behalf. I don't know how much he'll charge if it's
DVD. I think VCD would be cheapest since it's only CD-R media. I would be
happy donating a free spindle of fifty or one hundred if he or someone else
would do the burning and/or stamping. My burner is slow.

/mario