Re: [SLUG] OT: Slugger's Blogs

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2005 - 11:41:46 EST

> Well drupal thing that everyone seems so while about seems like too
> much work to me. that is why i just chose Blog::cms which is just
> great. I love the fact it has 10 different options for news feeds.
> Now i can check my blog from my cell

I chose drupal for several reasons:

1) - the big one - my hosting service already had it installed

2) it tars pages before sending them, which saves bandwidth. Since my
personal page is often linked from Slashdot (bylines), this is important
for me.

3) Can run multiple sites on one instance of drupal. Since I have
multiple sites, this saves work.

Otherwise, I'd say drupal falls into the "good enough" category. It's
not fantastic, but does what
I need.

As fas as checking my site from my cell, I am not in prison so this
isn't an issue.

Good luck with your next parole hearing, rob!

- R