Re: [SLUG] OT: Slugger's Blogs

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 16:32:20 EST

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 03:20 pm, Norbert Omar Cartagena wrote:
> On that note, I'd like to ask: what's the difference between the RSSes?
> Why would I want to represent all of them? Why not just the newest or a
> moderately older one?

my .02:
Dave winer of RSS is the biggest whiner ever. Atom isn't finished yet (even
those it has plenty of functionality already), but when it is, it should be
adopted as a W3C standard and be done with it. Atom can do a lot more than
RSS and has a better structure that is more extensible and there is no need
to merge it with RSS. This would result in less whining and the avoidance of
using Winer's stupid proposed acronym "rssAtom" (notice he didn't call it
AtomRss?).

--
Eric J