RE: [SLUG] Re: A real HARD(ware) question

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott4@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2005 - 05:05:17 EST

>> connected (a brand new) PSU and monitor (to the on-board Intel
>> video) and... and nothing!

Have you tried another known-good PSU? (i.e. from a working PC)

Often, a power line spike will wound the PSU, causing it to produce an
excessively low voltage. The PC won't work, but the fans will spin. I
realize this is a new PSU, but that actually makes it an "unknown". Can you
swap PSUs between two computers and see where the problem moves?

Ken Elliott