Re: [SLUG] Any HP printer techs on the list.

From: Robert Snyder (res03q8w@gte.net)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 19:03:05 EST

Steven Buehler wrote:

>For less than the cost of that fuser you could probably buy yourself a new
>HP LaserJet 1012 (which works in Linux, but it's USB). I have one and it's
>a nice fast printer that takes up very little desk space.

Only downsides are

DirectJet Eithernet card (just plug and play on almost all OSes (loved
that feature)
11x17 printing used to do some of that before the fuser died.

the printer was built like a tank and has 20,000 different features. hp
cert repair place told me 300 but they moved somethwer else. and I
refuse to leave it in the hands of uptech computers. I am willing to
spend the money on the printer and the toner to have a nice postscript
printer that works with so far ever os I thrown at it except I could
never get dos support to work right but i doubt i will be using dos
anytime soon out side a virtual enivroment.