[SLUG] Explain this please

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 21:23:01 EST

Hello Sluggers,

Noted some strange messages in my boot log which I don't understand. Can
someone please explain what they mean?

<4>JBD: barrier-based sync failed on hdb1 - disabling barriers
<4>warning: many lost ticks.
<4>Your time source seems to be instable or some driver is hogging
interupts
<4>rip 0x2a958ee890

Two different things ?? But, have been having trouble keeping the time
correctly. Gains a couple of minutes per day. I do know that the bios
time will increase while the computer is turned off. ( overnight -
about 18 hours)

Bob S.