RE: [SLUG] Bidness Week Article

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 17:40:34 EST

I like the comments of this guy:

Cost isn't the only reason that companies are switching to Linux. The data
processor Axciom Corp. recently shifted some servers to the operating
system, after using Unix in the past. Alex Dietz, the company's chief
information officer, says he's thinking about replacing the Windows
operating system with Linux on the company's desktop computers. One
important reason: Axciom doesn't want to be too dependent on Microsoft.
"[Linux] has an innate guarantee that you won't be held hostage," says
Dietz.