Re: [SLUG] IPv6 and Roadrunner

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2005 - 22:31:00 EST

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:21:12PM -0500, Robert Foxworth wrote:

> > Does anyone know if Roadrunner properly handles IPv6?
> > On the SUSE 9.2 Pro install the default is not to activate
> > IPv6, because many ISP's do not handle it properly.
> >
> > Richard Smoot
>

> I replied once already but (again) my reply did not get
> posted to the list. What I had said was that the dns
> at rr appears to not handle quad-A requests, and
> without this, I doubt any thing further could be done,
> and this was determined from sniffing the (my) public
> interface..
>
> This is the only list I am on in which I _know_ that
> occasionally a message does not get reflected back
> after being sent.
>
> And there was the time last month when Pat spent
> a half hour working on a piece of java code for
> Christopher and it has yet to appear anywhere.
>
> sent at 2120 est

_I_ saw your prior message, as it appeared across the list.

You might consider the possibility that some phrasing in your emails is
hitting against the admin keywords of majordomo, if your messages
occasionally fail to make it.

I can't speak to delays in posts actually going out to the list. That's
an NKS issue, and I haven't heard anything from them on the subject.

Paul