[SLUG] {SPAM?} How read MS Works .wps files

From: Donald E Haselwood (dhaselwood@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 20:17:48 EST

Is there a way to read/convert .wps files (MS Works created) in linux?

I have a friend who is just computer literate enough to send emails and he
occassionally attaches a .wps file. I ask what he used to generate it, and
he said, "Whatever came with the machine." I found a MS convertor that "sort
of" converts it for use with Word 97 (one can see the ascii embedded in all
sorts of garbage special chars), but I haven't run across anything on the
Linux side.

Don