Re: [SLUG] {SPAM?} How read MS Works .wps files

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 08:53:51 EST

On Thursday 27 January 2005 7:34, Steven Buehler wrote:

> Ideally, they need to save it from Works as a Word file. It would make
> life much easier.

You would not believe how many people that I have worked with who had no clue
that you can specify the format to save as. Especially since Windows defaults
to hiding the file extensions, so the users never see anything to indicate
otherwise.

 And I doubt that the software vendors are in any rush to educate the users
about converting file formats. Alice uses Lotus, but Bob prefers Excel.
Neither of them has figured out that they can convert each others files. So
Alice buys a copy of Excel, and Bob buys Lotus. Just so that they can
copy/paste data from one application into their preferred application. Lack
of education just made a sale for each vendor.

Jeff